First Timer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from corbs

corbs

Hi all,
First time poster (I think, I actually joined a few months ago and still getting used to these forums). I usually post in an Australian forum but thought I would share a few pics of my recent pens in here. I do have to say, the work displayed in here is inspiring and intimidating... beautiful work and hope you like mine.

Thanks,
Corbs

tn_100_0701.jpg

tn_100_0714.jpg

tn_100_0736.jpg

tn_100_0737.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corbs

Thanks for the comments team... as for the woods, we keep some secret for ourselves;)

The Silver Needlewood is a species of Hakea which is closely related to Banskias with very similar grain structure. Dead Finish seems to be a fairly generic term for a very hardy wood in arid regions... from what I understand it is an English interpretation of an Aboriginal term... if these trees die then everything else is "Dead, Finished". Sydney Blue Gum is one of our thousands of species of Eucalypt, Gidgee is from the Acacia species and Murray Pine is also referred to as White Cypress Pine.

MobilMan

Welcome over. I've seen your nice work for the last couple of years. Anyone interested, it's "ubeaut.com.au". You've got a lot of talented "blokes" in the downunder.

markgum

Intimidating for sure. Great work and welcome. I think your pictures are awesome; with the label of the wood type and style. Now, did you write those with the pen?? I look forward to seeing more of your work.

corbs

Originally posted by markgum

... I think your pictures are awesome; with the label of the wood type and style. Now, did you write those with the pen?? ...

Markgum,
I edited the photo's in photoshop. Applied two layers and put my logo on one layer, embossed it and make it more transparent. The text is on another layer which is also embossed and made slightly transparent. My background is just a fawn felt square which gives a little texture.

Corbs

Top Bottom