First pen since Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

After two months I finally got my new bandsaw up and running and got my shop in the new house organized enough to turn a pen. It's nothing fancy: Walnut burl black chrome cigar pen, with a BLO/CA finish topped with TSW. Man it was nice to turn again. Thanks for looking.

20052212521_walburlcig.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Hey Fred,
Glad you can turn between flights! I've got a piece of your madrone burl and the osage orange burl gluing up tonight. I hope I can do your wood proud.
Lest I forget, nice pen!

Fleabit

You must have been a wreck without having done a turn! Drives me nuts just to wait for the weekend (I work long hours sigh)! The walnut is great looking and the pen overall is sweet! I do agree with above....gold would give it a better "snap". But that is me...I like traditional gold look!

darbytee

Thanks for the kind words and the critiques. It definitely wasn't easy to look at my lathe and other tools and not be able to turn for that long. I fretted over the pen kit and whether to use gold or black. I'll do another one with the gold and see how it comes out. Again, it's great to be back turning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom