First Cigar Pen w/Enduro finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W3DRM

W3DRM

2008-03-19-4402a.jpg"

2008-03-19-4404a.jpg

Thanks to DKF (Don - Gardnerville, NV) for the help in getting started with the Enduro finish. I really like it!

The pictures are not exactly perfect nor is the color balance. I'm still working on my setup but it's a start anyways.

The pens are from Woodcraft and are Premium Cigar Pen kits. The wood is Black Walnut on both pens.

Any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks from a real newbie...

Also, here are two pictures of my photo setup. I'm not using anything between the CFL lamps and the objects. Have the cloth but just haven't gotten around to cutting it and putting it on. Have been mainly working on the initial setup before finalizing the tent cover.

2008-03-19-4407a.jpg"

2008-03-19-4410a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Nice looking pens! I've never used Enduro before, but that looks really nice. Nice light tent, too. Maybe some light diffusing material (read: an old white sheet) on the sides and top might help a little bit, but the pictures are nice and clear! :)

toolcrazy

The pens look great. Welcome to the world of Enduro.

Just a tip. If you let enduro cure for 2 or 3 or even 4 days before the final sanding and polish it will take a shine even better. Not that there is anything wrong with your shine. Looks wonderful

W3DRM

Originally posted by toolcrazy

The pens look great. Welcome to the world of Enduro.

Just a tip. If you let enduro cure for 2 or 3 or even 4 days before the final sanding and polish it will take a shine even better. Not that there is anything wrong with your shine. Looks wonderful

Well, actually it took me about five days to complete the pens. I put three coats of the sealer on at 5-minute intervals and then waited overnight to sand and put three coats of Enduro on. Then waited another three days before I did the final sanding and polishing. So, it was close to what you recommended. I used MM 3200 through 12000 for the sanding and a light white diamond polish followed by a coat of Ren Wax.

I think part of the problem is that I don't have my photo setup exactly as it should be. Still experimenting with it...

Thanks to all for your comments and feedback!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice set up Don ! Thanks for showing me . I realize now , that I need a 3rd light . I need to check into Enduro . Beautiful pens !! [8D]

Top Bottom