First Churchill FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

This started out last night as a Muscadine vine, but it blew apart this morning, (I suspect some lathe trolls got to it)[:I] so I was beginning to buy into the Churchill's bad luck thing. but after epoxying some Wenge to the tubes and trying again, I like the looks and feel of the Churchill, Not crazy about the way it posts, but a well balanced pen.
Straight CA finish about 4 coats of thin, then sanded back to bare wood to fill in the open grain then 2 coats thin and 3 coats Med CA wet sanded to 1000, and buffed then Ren waxed twice., Comments on the Pen welcome, sorry the photos are not up to forum standards.:(
Curchill-Wenge3.jpg

Curchill-Wenge2.jpg

Curchill-Wenge1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Good looking pen, Ken! That is one big tube, isn't it? I've only done a couple Churchills myself. That cap tube is huge, and THIN!

Wenge is no picnic to work with either, or at least in my experience, but it's sure pretty when finished. I love the natural look of the sap pockets that are in it.

I'm planning to do another fountain pen for myself, but I'm not sure if the Churchill is for me, although it would be nice to test drive one for durability, since the nib holder is so prone to cracking, I'd like to see what kind of abuse it'll take.

bitshird

Originally posted by stevebuk

Pen looks fabulous, but i think you should concider your background colours in future..;)
Steve I did consider the background colors, What color do you think would be more preferable [?];);)

Top Bottom