First 2 of 30

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Got an order for 30 of these from a friend who runs a trucking business. He wants to give them two his clients as Christmas gifts. He picked out the style last Thursday and I made these two yesterday and verified with him this morning at church. Wants 15 of each style. I have lots of lead time anyway.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Very nice! I like the custom center band. Brings the Slim kit back into the thought process for me, I've all but quit making them. Way to go on getting the order! May they go fast and smooth for you. Are you using all the same wood?

Rick_G

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Very nice! I like the custom center band. Brings the Slim kit back into the thought process for me, I've all but quit making them. Way to go on getting the order! May they go fast and smooth for you. Are you using all the same wood?

They will all be cherry that he supplied. The only problem with it is that it is all freshly cut so I have to microwave 4 blanks at a time to dry them. Seems to work pretty good I can bring them down to less than 8% moisture in an hour. 3 minutes on defrost and 1/2 hr to cool then do it again. I agree the custom center band actually turns the slim into something you can like.

karlkuehn

Banned
To speed up your microwave process, wrap the blanks in paper towels when you do them. It gives the moisture somewhere to get trapped instead of swirling around the oven. I usually just do 30 seconds on high (be careful they don't start smoking, my microwave is a cheapy, if you've got a powerful one, it might cook them!), unwrap the blanks, put them in front of a fan for about 10 minutes and go again. Once the paper towels quit becoming damp, you're in tall cotton.

I usually end up using about 12 paper towels, 3 per load, and by the time you cycle them through, they've dried out enough to use again. :)

Top Bottom