Fine/Elegant/Swiss Pen Kits: Where to Find?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WildcatHollow

I'd like to make a very fine, elegant pen kit for my daughter's graduation. I've read that there are Swiss or German made very fine pen kits.

I've Googled all the possible variations, and still can't find a supplier.

Where could I go online to find the finest, most elegant (and probably most expensive) pen kits?

Thank you for your help.

regardz.t

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You MAY mean "Swiss gold", which is a term used by Berea on some of their "high end" kits www.bereahardwoods.com

I don't know of any "kit" makers in Europe. You can buy fountain components from Bock (German) and Schmidt makes SOME parts, maybe that's where you are headed???

I'll leave this to others to answer with more definitive answer, but those look like the Jr. Gent kits and the Sketch pen kits from CSUSA. Check your standard suppliers and I think you'll see what you are looking for.... Woodturners catalog, PSI, Berea, Packard Woodworks, Woodcraft, Plus the resellers... Bear tooth, Arizona Silhouette, Woodturningz, woodnwhimsies, etc....

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Yep.. I saw Gent (or Jr?) Statesman, sketch pencil, cigar etc... maybe some other
kits that I'm not familiar with.. but they're available from the vendors we use

WildcatHollow

Found: Elegant Pen Kits I was looking for.

Thank you very much for your informative responses. I found what I was looking for at woodturnerscatalog.com

They have several models, including: Statesman, Lotus, Emperor, and Imperial. I've just ordered several, and will select one of them for the pen I'm producing for my daughter.

Now for the big decision: two-tone amboyan burl, or an acrylic? Or, something else?

Any recommendations?

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Flashy kit + plain blank = good pen :biggrin:

Plain kit + flashy blank = good pen :biggrin:

Plain kit + plain blank = boring pen :rolleyes:

Flashy blank + flashy kit = gaudy pen :mad:

just my tuppence worth:wink:
Verry good summary Skip. :wink:

JimMc7

You might consider an ornate kit with an otherwise plain material like alternate ivory and having it laser engraved (e.g., with graduation date and/or photo of her or a school/university icon).

Ken Nelson at Kallenshaan Woods specializes in pen barrel/cap engraving and provides excellent service in my experience. At the time, it was less than 1 week from the day I mailed until I had the engraved pen blanks returned. Search "wedding pens" for several examples of pen engraving.

Top Bottom