Finally, some Churchills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I finally got around to making my first Churchill's. I held off, because I was not sure if I wanted to add another pen style to inventory. But I kind of like the style, it finally grew on me.
These are some of the new resins from CSU in sterling finish.
Thanks for looking :)

2007714235951_churchills.jpg

and......a Blackberry Statesmen

20077150058_blue_ripple.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice Anthony. I'm a little mixed with the Churchill - seen a few good and some I didn't care for. I particulaly like the closed end ones seen recently, so I guess I like the top better than the bottom. Really like the new blanks.

PenWorks

Originally posted by winpooh498
<br />Did you paint the "blackberry" blank and or tube black?
Dawn

I painted the hole black and used one of the new black tubes from CSU.

Bruce, I was mixed on the pen as well. But I needed a pen that posted and really do not like the threaded look of the other styles. I have a few double closed end Churchills on the bench, they do look much better that way.

doddman70

Very nice Anthony!! i have'nt done any churchill's yet not sure if i will they remind me of the el grande which i have only made 2 one broke in half 1 week after i made it at the center band coupler. seems like to much plastic in the hardware is the churchill the same?

Shane

cdcarter

Doddman, I've had same concern that the Churchill has too much plastic, and that's why I've focused on the Gentlemen's. But I'm willing to be convinced, if some advocates will help me here ...

PenWorks

Shane, I have made a bunch of the Streamline El Grande and never had a problem with the center band coupler. I like the way the pen threads, but yes, it is the same plastic coupler. The ends are brass parts that have been plated or painted black, not sure. I know most folks want metal end fittings, but the down side to that, is the black plating wears off and the pen looks like sh*t down the road. Where as a black plastic part on the posting end, will always stay black, and can be buffed out if it scrathes down the road.

doddman70

It could be I just got a bad coupler in a kit. i do like the look and feel of the elgrande and the Churchill I'm just wandering if the Churchill is a sturdy pen. it looks like there is an awful lot of plastic in the hardware like the elgrande. does it have the same kind of hardware? or does it have metal fittings?

Shane

Hi Anthony,

As always you have a special way of making any pen, custom or kit look incredible.

I have looked at the Churchills and think they are not quite yet what I like, the plastic look is part of my visual problem, but I agree with you on the long term look of worn metal vs plastic.

I have only tried one of the new CS plastics, the Italian Gold one on the right. I used black on the tubes and the blank, it really densified the intensity of the colours....I am wondering if orange itself as a paint colour would look better.

The SE Statesman is wonderful, I like your shape, it's "Anthony". The pen case looks like a great one, hmmm wondering where I might get one[;)]

I am assuming that is a Pipemakers lucite....you have also paid attention to a detail I am working on, the drill shadow on the inside of the pen body, mostly the profile of the bit and the painted appearance of the end...you are using a bullet point?

Again, always a pleasure to see your craft...[:)]

PenWorks

Right on all accounts Jim, Lucite from Pipemakers and bullet point drill bit.
Some nice Italia leather Piquadro, I carry that in the store.

Jerry, I had it at Provo, you should have got some. [:)]

Thanks for the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom