Mini Review Exoticblanks Polyester Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I finally opened the box from Exoticblanks, and used the resin for the first time, our temperatures are running in the high 80s low 90s and being in that range I used 4 or 5 drops (how do you measure the size of a drop?)of MEKP per ounce of resin, First let me say I like the ease of pouring out of the gallon plastic jug versus the usual steel can.
I noticed no difference in the cure time or gel time I experience with U.S. Composites Silmar 41 resin, my gel time was 17 minutes which gave me ample time to mix my colorants and pearl-Ex.
I also like the fact that it's being purchased from a member of the IAP and all in all is a great product, at first the color seemed to be a tiny bit more green than Silmar 41 then realized I was seeing it through a transparent container, but once I poured it into a mixing cup, it looks about the same, The price is a few dollars less than from U.S. Composites and for those of you that live in their area and can pick it up from Ed Or Dawn I think your going to get a deal that can't be beat, also they give you an easy to open and close bottle of MEKP not a little push on cap that is sure to get lost, (if your shop looks any thing like mine) I give it a three thumbs up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

I finally opened the box from Exoticblanks, and used the resin for the first time, our temperatures are running in the high 80s low 90s and being in that range I used 4 or 5 drops (how do you measure the size of a drop?)of MEKP per ounce of resin, First let me say I like the ease of pouring out of the gallon plastic jug versus the usual steel can.
I noticed no difference in the cure time or gel time I experience with U.S. Composites Silmar 41 resin, my gel time was 17 minutes which gave me ample time to mix my colorants and pearl-Ex.
I also like the fact that it's being purchased from a member of the IAP and all in all is a great product, at first the color seemed to be a tiny bit more green than Silmar 41 then realized I was seeing it through a transparent container, but once I poured it into a mixing cup, it looks about the same, The price is a few dollars less than from U.S. Composites and for those of you that live in their area and can pick it up from Ed Or Dawn I think your going to get a deal that can't be beat, also they give you an easy to open and close bottle of MEKP not a little push on cap that is sure to get lost, (if your shop looks any thing like mine) I give it a three thumbs up.

I knew you were goofy, know I know why! The three thumbs!

Good review..I'll plan on ordering some as soon as the toy budget recovers.

RAdams

Banned
Their price (including shipping) was about $5 more than US COMP, so i didnt order. every penny counts right now.

As soon as my budget recovers, i too, will be ordering from Exotic.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You guys in Oklahoma and Texas seem to get REALLLY good prices on PR. If you're happy with what you are getting -- keep using it. The PR is a service to our customers, it is NOT a profit center.

Just a FWIW!!!!

THANK YOU, Ken!!!! We appreciate your support and endorsement!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'm sorry guys, I didn't see this before!!

We DO have PR, but we DON'T really want to sell it in gallons because we need heavy boxes (better cardboard) and our prices are not that great. We buy 55 gals at a time, but by the time we add the plastic bottle cost and the hassle of taking it to UPS, plus their freight--you can buy it from a local supplier just as "cheap" (hardly cheap at nearly $50 a gallon).

So, if you add it to your "comments" section on your Exotics order, we WILL ship it, but it will slow down the whole order a couple days to a week.

As Exotics grows, we are adding more and more partner items (one of a kind from IAP members). This is where we want to grow our little business. Dawn will add PR colors to her hand-poured resins and I will add choices in the high end acrylics (coming very soon).
We are also trying to keep a larger stock for those who have been ordering a half dozen of each blank!! (THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!)

ALSO PLEASE!!!!! When a thread like this addresses exotics, PLEASE SOMEONE--------PM me!!!!!

I am THRILLED to discuss our business, what we plan to do and why. Yes, I realize other companies read it and suddenly they have blanks from members here on THEIR sites. So what??? We want the members to do WELL!!! Make hay while you can, China will copy you and the "big boys" will bury you, with the Chinese product.

BEFORE that happens, Exotics will try to help you make a few bucks!!!

That, in a nutshell, is our "business plan".

Top Bottom