Elk antler Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaeger

jaeger

These are a couple of Sierras that I made this morning.
Two down...eighteen to go!!!

Now I have 5" of snow waiting for me to move. I guess I can't put it off any longer!!!

Sierraelk.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

18 to go?..... sure takes the fun out of it. lol
Nice job. I love working with elk antler. I just wish those main beams werent so darn thick. lol

jaeger

I prefer elk over whitetail as well. I got lucky and ended up with some tips from 4-7" long so I don't have much main beam around on the elk antler. I traded a man in town that makes knives and he doesn't have much use for the tips. The knives keep him pretty busy.
I think the Sierras will work nice on the whitetail beams that I do have a fair amount of. I plan on using some of these main beams on a few cigars as well.
I have a show coming up and I think I will put out the Sierras and some cartridge pens along with a few wood/antler combos since this is for a sportsman show.

Jgrden

I've used up all my Elk. All there is left is the base or stub to the horn. The last piece was quartered to make two pens.

jaeger

Those are beautiful, now go and move the snow!

Snow is moved...twice today...at least once tomorrow!!!
Strong, cold wind today!!! It was a "double heater" day in the shop.
I have a double sunflower propane heater and I put an electric heater on a tall stool behind it. The small heater blows the heat from the sunflower out and it warms up pretty fair.

I've used up all my Elk. All there is left is the base or stub to the horn. The last piece was quartered to make two pens.
I've gotten pretty lucky accumulating antler. I have some really nice pieces that I am going to have to segment because they are really nice, but they are just to short for a pen.

Here are a few more that I made today.

SierraELK-1.jpg

Top Bottom