"Drink in" the "elegance"!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Highbrow??

A little----

For the first time, the IAP is offering the members a "product" (now that you already have your annual MUG) with the IAP 7th Anniversary logo!!!!!

Attachments

• single.jpg
    single.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Details???

In return for your donation, you will receive a set of FOUR of these "one of a kind" cocktail glasses.

These are being Laser engraved, so the number of sets will be limited. Each set purchased will help defray the cost of the award plaques that we are giving for some of the contest winners this year.

So, make a $42 donation (includes shipping and handling to USA addresses) to donations@penturners.org and you will receive a set of FOUR of these neat 7th Anniversary commemorative Cocktail Glasses:

Attachments

• 4 glasses.jpg
    4 glasses.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 137

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
13 ounce glasses, and no, they're not used.
(yet)

The only dark colored material I had in the shop was a black velveteen with
shiny sparkles in it. That might account for the photos.

That is not to say that they shouldn't be washed when you get them. The laser
creates little micro-fractures in the glass, so there's glass dust in the lettering.
(that's just how the laser works)
I'd probably wash them more than once, just to be sure.
A little dish soap and one of those non-stick scrub pads works great.
Rinse well. Fill with beverage of your choice..

Phunky_2003

I made my donation!

Charlie,

I will not complain if mine are wrapped in Resin Saver Molds to keep them from breaking during delivery! :eek::biggrin::tongue::tongue::biggrin::eek:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They r great looking. Just to confirm...send a second donation for this right?

Yes, the proceeds from these will pay for the plaques that will be awarded to those who win the "pen contests' this year. We have always had prizes for these contests.

I have always believed that the competition is more about "bragging rights" than winning a prize. So, we will be giving a plaque to the winners this year.

While Jeff was willing to "foot the bill", I come from a "Jaycee" background---you want a prize, figure out how to PAY for it. HENCE, these glasses are being used to fund the plaques.

If it fails, the plaques will be funded by Dawn and I. But, it is NOT going to fail----I hope!!

So, that's the "rest of the story"!!

kinggabby

Wish I could afford to get some of them fancy glasses. I guess I will have to either buy some from someone later or wait til next year. Or maybe they will show up on ebay.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ok...u know I got your back Ed. I need more glasses...I actually wish there was a 6 pack, would buy that too

You can get a 6 pack ! For 82.00 you can get a 6pack with an extra 2 glasses in case there are accidents!:biggrin::biggrin:

There MAY be a chance to get pairs. The current arrangement is having Charlie ship the sets--

As the bash quiets down (From the Prize-guru point of view), I hope to have him send me a batch that Dawn and I can repackage into pairs and get boxes locally that are made for shipping pairs. IF this happens, we will be able to reduce the cost of shipping and offer two-fers.

Right now, Charlie (NewLondon88) is generously handling the project from stem to stern. He had no idea of the scope, when he "volunteered" to help.

(For those who don't know, this is the downside of listening to Dawn's "sexy voice" on the phone---you can be "volunteered" without necessarily realizing it!!!!:eek::eek::eek:)

Seriously---THANK you Charlie!!!!!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
keep in mind that the extra two glasses causes a severe jump in the
cost of shipping to Canada (I think it was $56 shipping!) :eek:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just a quick boost for this fund raiser.

Orders are "trickling in". Soon the plaques will need to be purchased to be engraved, so if you are planning on getting a set---the sooner the better!!!

Thanks

Phunky_2003

We can all get together at a certain time when our glasses arrive and toast the bash team for a job well done!!

Does that mean I get to have a double?!?!

Top Bottom