Double closed Wild Horse Jasper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rsmith

rsmith

Wild Horse Jasper Tru-Stone, with a fountain nib (I think it was the nib assembly for a SS navigator) Since I haven't bothered to invest in a collet chuck or make any pin chucks or "CE" mandrels (read: lazy:rolleyes:) I have had to just do all my closed ends on a standard pen mandrel and 60 degree center. Takes a little thought, but once you figure out the process that will work for you, there aren't many limitations as to what can be done. Next investment has to be a chuck system though...relatively inexpensive, same finished product, less beating your head against the wall:biggrin: Don't know about the shape, it's just kinda where the tool wanted to go so who was I to argue? No CB, just capped with silver over the exposed end to give it stability, so when closed the lines are nice and smooth and the knob at the back gives a fairly nice counterweight to the metal nib section. May recess a clip, but can't decide if that would look right or not. Anyway, thanks for looking, and as always, Comments, criticism...always welcomed
1_closed_end_wild_jasper.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

That is a beautiful pen, wild horse jasper tru-stone is one of my favourites, how about posting a picture of the pen with the cap on? Considering you never used a closed end mandrel I think you done an excellent job Rob!

Top Bottom