Do you use the Tapatalk branded app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use the Tapatalk branded app in your IOS device to access the forum? This is not the plain Tapatalk app that you can use to access zillions of forums, it's the one in the app store specific to our forum. (It's also not the Bushing & Tube app!) We pay a monthly fee to have Tapatalk provide this for us. It has essentially the identical functionality as the generic Tapatalk app, it's just specifically identifiable in the app stores as our app.

The iPhone version of the App:

The reason I ask is that Tapatalk's support for this service is changing significantly. There is a way for us to continue to make the app available, but at significant effort. If few people use it, we'll probably discontinue support. The generic Tapatalk app isn't changing, so if you like that method of access, you'll still have it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buckmark13

I realize this doesn't answer your question Jeff, but for it's worth I use the regular Tapatalk app and have issues whatsoever.

FGarbrecht

I don't use it. I used to use the generic tapatalk app but wasn't crazy about it. The ios browser works fine for me.

keithncsu

Until the new software I used Tapatalk but not sure if it was the one you're mentioning here...don't think it is though. When the new software came out, the layout was so much better I just saved the webpage as an "app" on my phone.

garypeck

I'm using the Tapatalk app for Android.... But I'm lot sure what the difference is cause I downloaded the app than looked for the forums

Sent from my P30 Pro using Tapatalk

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using the Tapatalk app for Android.... But I'm lot sure what the difference is cause I downloaded the app than looked for the forums

Sent from my P30 Pro using Tapatalk
If the app has the Tapatalk logo as the icon, it's the generic app. If it has the IAP logo, it's our branded app.

Sounds like most people are using either the native site in a mobile browser, or the generic Tapatalk app. That's good news, and I'll probably just abandon the branded Tapatalk app.

I know this is a little confusing, so thanks for the feedback!

garypeck

If the app has the Tapatalk logo as the icon, it's the generic app. If it has the IAP logo, it's our branded app.

Sounds like most people are using either the native site in a mobile browser, or the generic Tapatalk app. That's good news, and I'll probably just abandon the branded Tapatalk app.

I know this is a little confusing, so thanks for the feedback!
Ah. I have the generic app...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

DrD

Nope, but then again I don't Tweet, Chirp, Snap, Message, FaceBook, nor LinkIn either. Have found nothing wrong, nor in need of replacement with most of Alexander Graham Bell's inventions.

Top Bottom