Direct from the 50's "Chroma-chrome"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For the younger set, 50's furniture had LOTS of chrome and was VERY colorful. So here is our tribute to that era:

2008324154045_Chromanet.jpg

Half turn, sideways:
2008324154114_chroma2net.jpg

<center>THAT should wake you up!!</center>

Comments encouraged.

Hello

I'm glad thefifties exist only in memories and the occasional remnent and reproduction.
I changed my monitor to display black and white - it looks great! hahaha

alamocdc

Can you say, "Flashback"?

Hey, Ed, the dinette set that my grandmother had when I was born is still in use. Our youndest son has it. Everthing except the table top and seat and backs of the chairs is chromed. The seats have been recovered twice and need it again, but it's still very sturdy and operational.:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A local high school is looking for a donation for their annual auction. Theme this year is the 50's. I think I may have stumbled onto my donation.

GoodTurns

Ed, I THINK I remember something from the 70's that had a similar effect;)...something about, "just put this on your tongue"....

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
There's a hidden meaning in the post:
Originally posted by ed4copies

For the younger set, 50's furniture had LOTS of chrome and was VERY colorful. So here is our tribute to that era:

Half turn, sideways:

<center>THAT should wake you up!!</center>

Comments encouraged.

Ed,
I seem to remember (Keeping in mind that memory is the first thing that goes as we age) but weren't the physcodelic colors more in the '70's[?]:D:D

I seem to remember wearing clothes with those colors when I was in SF during the 70's[8D][8D]

GoodTurns

it was teenagers sitting around their 50's style brightly colored living rooms "experimenting" that came up with the psychedelic colors!

mick

Ed, I think you're a decade or two off. Any "serious" Deadhead would love this pen! That's your market!!! Also reminds me of a lot of Peter Max art I've seen

pianomanpj

I like it! It reminds me of a polyester shirt I had in the seventies. The colors are pretty much the same. Although I think it would blend in if it were in my shirt pocket! (70's camo?) [8D] Did Dawn make the blank?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to one and all (except Chris:D:D:D).

This is one that will be coming from Europe in a couple weeks. I didn't expect it to be very popular, so you may want to be FIRST in line when the order arrives.

About 50 pens-worth coming.

alphageek

Former Moderator
So... Wheres the line form? (And I hope you'll be sharing pics of the other items in the order too?)

Hmmm.. now where did all that money go again? -- At least its getting nicer out so more turning time is in the 'forecast'.. Maybe if I turn more of the stuff I bought from you last time I can afford some more new :)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus

Draken

I like the looks of it, even though I'm from the younger set. Too bad it isn't in stock yet, or you could include it with the packages of Kringles you'll be sending out at the end of the month. [:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Cav,

I believe you should put a warning before such a link

"Women and children PLEASE DON'T LOOK!! Permanent damage possible!!!"

stoneman

"We all live in a yellow submarine!" Sir Paul McCartney would be pround of these. They remind me of Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ("We hope you have enjoyed the show"). :D I kinda like them (especially the first one).[8D]

fiferb

Does the pen run on batteries to make it so bright? Are the batteries included when you buy a blank?[:eek:)] I may have to get some, my wife likes it.

Tanner

I like it Ed! My youngest daughter and her group of friends are into the colorful clothes like this. She says it's because so many kids like to wear black now. They want to be different. You may as well put me down for 4 of them when they come in.[:p]

Top Bottom