Dip Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from juteck

juteck

Something new for me -- dip pens.

1. Blackwood w/ sapwood.
2. Precious Resin (an old freebie)
3. Laminated carob and blackwood w/ aluminum

Comments/critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking.

1_Dip_Pens.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Very interesting. I will bet that if you set up a dislay with an open container of ink and a pad of paper you will have people standing in front of you all day. What a great idea. Every older person with grand kids in tow will stop and show them how they learned to write. I can hear them now 'when I went to school, we used these........'

juteck

Thanks for the comments. I haven't played with dip pens before, but I have been using a fountain pen for a little more than a year now. This will give me an excuse to play with dip pens now - a nice way to test ink colors, etc.

How do you attach the nibs to the pens?

I bought the
Heritance® Dip Pen Kit from:

http://www.heritagepens.com/proddetail.php?prod=DipPen5Pack

Exoticblanks.com also sells these, as well as a couple other IAP vendors I've seen recently in the classifieds. The Speedball® pen points fit these inserts as well, so you can buy the nibs from the art/craft supply stores (Michaels, etc.).

Very nice. You picked out beautiful blanks for all three.

The hard part was finding blanks more than 6-inches long --- most of mine are around 5-1/2" or so. That was the main reason for the carob/blackwood lamination.

Nicely done... I like the shape on the third one best.

That's my favorite as well. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mark

Very Elegant. That is a real attention getter. Nicely Done. I like the one on the left. Great color in the grains.

Top Bottom