Demo Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tipusnr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipusnr

I've uploaded three new pens in my gallery (Fair #). They were made as a part of a woodturning exhibition the Central Ohio Wooodturners put on at the Ohio State Fair yesterday. All three have minor flaws as I talked to people and answered questions while turning but I'm quite proud of the overall results.

They were all turned with cheap carbon steel tools on a JET mini and finished with Crystal Coat friction finish. My purpose to show people that you could get into penturning without mortgaging the house. The one named fair three had the additional advantage of getting extra attention as one of the more experienced turners used it to demo the Beall buffing system.

The other penturner demoing had top quality tools and made pens with free rings and quite a bit of detail showing what experience and better tools could add to the project. It was a lot of fun.

Hope you like them!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Bill,
Nice job. Isn't it great to be able to show people your greatest addiction? I was at the Ohio State fair last Thursday, had a really good time.

tipusnr

Thank you all. Teak makes sense since I have quite a bit of that and donated some to the club as well.

Coincidentally, it's neat to see many of you featured in Woodturning Design so I can put faces to the names. Don't hold your breath looking for mine though!!

tipusnr

I had to go get my calipers since I freehand all my pens. Here we go: Top 0.356" Top Widest 0.552" Centerband 0.464" Bottom Widest 0.552" Bottom 0.383". The top unit and nib must be from different kits (possible as I have a lot of my 7mm stuff thrown together). I expected the two ends to be the same diameter.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom