Delta 12" disk sander

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Just opened up my new Rockler sales flyer and saw they have the 12" 1/2 horse Delta disk sander on sale for $129. Amazon's current price is $198 ($340 list)

Who uses this sander and would you buy it again, or go with something more powerful? I do flatwork in addition to pens, so this would be used on other stuff as well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I have one and am happy with it. It is the least expensive disk sander I have seen that has a decent table. I haven't bogged it down, but then I haven't tried any really large pieces either. Those go to the 2hp 6x89 belt sander.

I think the 1/2hp motor is sufficient for the effective sanding surface of a 12in disk.

Tanner

Yeah, I got all giddy when I saw that ad too. Especially when I remembered that Curt Theobald recommended this exact disc sander during a segmenting class I went to last month.

Gary Max

We have two 12 inch disk sanders---both of them are powered by 3/4hp Dayton's-----They have all the power I will ever need.
The only draw back I have found with 12 inch sanders is buying disk. They can get real dang expensive fast.
Right now I am buying them by the dozen to get a better price.
This is just something you might want to look at when you buy .

randyrathbun

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />Just opened up my new Rockler sales flyer and saw they have the 12" 1/2 horse Delta disk sander on sale for $129. Amazon's current price is $198 ($340 list)

Who uses this sander and would you buy it again, or go with something more powerful? I do flatwork in addition to pens, so this would be used on other stuff as well.

Rockler's website shows it as $179, not $129, plus they have a $26 shipping fee. Amazon you can get free shipping.

Mikey

I don't generally go to the Rockler site because I can never find anything. I only live 2 miles away too.[:D][8D][8D][8D] As Huzzah said, we just go into the store and their mailed sales flyer is what i am looking at.

FWIW Steve, Rockler says they have them in stock right now. I am debating stopping on the way home. Will need to sell a DeWalt biscuit joiner on eBay to pay for the thing.[B)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom