definition of "smock"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdoug5170

Earlier, there was a thread in regards to "merchandise" wishes and several mentioned smocks. I am curious just what defines a smock for a woodturner?

Personally, I seem to think it is "labcoat" like and fear the loose sleeves and buttoned front...

I would rather be wearing an apron myself, with no pockets to collect sawdust and chips.

Has IAP decided on a final logo and base color for the "merchandise" products?

Doug (No longer in Troutdale, guess I need to change my signiture line!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Doug, as of this minute I'm looking into purchasing some smocks and shop aprons for the IAP wit the IAP logo. I have a line on the aprons and in the process of getting prices for them and will be looking into the smocks as well. Myself, I use an apron when working but it does have pockets and when woodturning the pockets aren't a good thing to have.

More info will be coming a little later on the aprons as I work out the details and pricing.

JimB

I've seen a wood turners "smock" that basically looks like a short sleeve button down shirt. It has 2 pockets but they are in the back so they don't fill up with shavings. There is a narrow pencil pocket on the front. It only holds one pencil. Unfortunately I don't know where you can get them.

ngeb528

I just use an old t-shirts and shorts. The same ones I use for gardening or painting. Being in Florida, I don't want to have too many layers on, it too hot most of the time.