Defense Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stick Rounder

Stick Rounder

Hello,

One of my co-workers was online and found "defense pens" pens used to ward off would be attackers. He asked if I could make one for him...
This is a Closed End Barron in Stainless Steel. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• SS Barron Closed End.jpg
    SS Barron Closed End.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 600
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Looks good. I probably would have drilled the center to put an ink shaft it it so it wouldnt be considered a weapon, but nice job.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Looks good. I probably would have drilled the center to put an ink shaft it it so it wouldnt be considered a weapon, but nice job.

Not sure what you mean but he did say it was a closed end. I would take that to mean that it is a functioning pen and that the point to see is the closed end part. It does apear capped.

Fred

A device such as this is not meant to be thrown as was spoken about above. Remember one thing about throwing a weapon, If it doesn't do the job it can then be picked up by the assailant and will be used against you who are now unarmed as you just gave them your weapon!

One of the easiest killing points - and I mean stone dead - is just above the ear along the temple. A hard jab with this to the temple and down they go folks. No problem!

Of course some defensive training would be prudent to have prior to even believing that this or the kubotan can be used effectively right out of the box.

The biggest problem would exist in getting these devices in your hand in time to use it. "Er, wait a second Mr. Badperson, I have to retrieve my weapon ..."

Be aware of your surroundings and if anything - and I mean anything seems out of sorts - get out of the area ASAP and don't look back. It is definitely better to be a bit late that a lot dead or hurt!

bitshird

I guess I'm a little slow this morning. How is that supposed to ward off an attacker?
I believe you could stab some attacker, I believe it would cause enough pain they might break off their attempt, But on the other hand "Never bring a pen to a gunfight"
It is a nice looking pen, I like it.

woodtreker

It is strange... I got on the plane with a golf umbrella that was metal tipped with a carbon rod... That baby could really do damage... BUT they took away my wife's folding scissors that had a inch long blade... And by the way almost ANY pen can be a formidable weapon if yielded correctly... Even a Slimline... Maybe we need start handling out self defense lessons with our pens????

cnirenberg

Nice. All you need to do is make the clip part a trigger which when pushed releases the pointed end at your appointed target with the help of some industrial springs launches at mach speed....That's cool. You can do some serious pain with a good kubotan other than just poking, and the sort, and if it actually could write.... I would like to see one of those.

Top Bottom