December 20th INAUGURAL MEETING INFORMATION!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Well the time is here! The inaugural meeting of the Southeast Chapter of the IAP will meet this Saturday at the Alpharetta Woodcraft store (see location address and phone number listed below). The meeting will be held December 20th, 2008, from 9am till 5:30 or so. I have been contacted by folks from Georgia, and Alabama, so we should have a pretty good turn out. We will have a short business meeting around 9:30, and then the fun will begin. Here are a few brief notes on what to expect:

9:30 Business Meeting

10:00 Set up lathes

10:30 Meet and greet with attendees

10:30 till Noon Lathes open for turning

Noonish Lunch

1:30 till Close Lathes open for turning

What to expect: Please bring your pen blanks and turning tools if you would like to turn a pen on site. I would also ask you to bring a #2MT pen mandrel if you plan on turning a pen. Our hosts have provided us with great JET mini lathes, but we need to bring everything else. It would probably be best if you brought your blanks cut and drilled prior to the meeting. There will be some equipment set up for us to use, but on a limited basis.

Please bring a selection of your work, we love to brag, and we love looking at other folks pretty pens. We will have some counter space available for displaying work inside the training room.

Please bring blanks, kits, or other stuff to trade or sell to other members. Ken has sent us 12 of the laser kits to be given away during the meeting, so we will have a drawing for the kits throughout the day.

I have been asked to do a few demos, so I have added some time to do a simple CA finish, talk about segmented works, and finishing plastic type pens. If anyone else would like to do some demos, we will be happy to give you time to do the demo! We will also have a demo early in the day for assembling one of the puzzle blanks.

Please remember there will be interest from store patrons, and I have created a bag of 7mm pens blanks and kits ready to turn, for those who wish to turn their first pen. We will be watched by folks just curious as to what we do. Hopefully we can generate some new members, and also generate some sales of stuff for our host.

For those of you out of town, I will include the information needed to get to the store and you can email me and I will send you my personal contact information if you need it.

Thanks again, and we look forward to meeting everyone! Please bring your cameras, as we all know, if there aint pictures....it never happened!

Woodcraft Location:
8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: 770-587-3372
Fax: 770-586-9068

Top Bottom