Custom accented cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from daledut

Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

Here is my latest effort. I took a black chrome cigar pen kit and modified the accent pieces and replaced them with custom made pieces of the same Olive wood as the body.

I am working on an article about the process for submission to a wood turning magazine. After I find out if they want it I will post it here also. The process will take a while do be patient.

In the meantime, please give me your comments.

Image Insert:
200481201151_finished_pen.jpg

78.34KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Dale

That's very, very nice!!!! I've found I really like the black components with the olive wood on some of my pens. Looks like good material for an aricle---hope that works out well for you.

Tom

mike_l

I really like this pen!! You took off just enough metal and added just enough wood. Well done.

Mike L.

timdaleiden

I have to give you a "me too" on that one. Very striking appearance, and I still have yet to figure out how you removed the old CB accent.

This idea opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for a very popular style of pen.

Awesome...

YoYoSpin

Dale,

You should speak with the magazine editor before publishing your article anywhere. Normally, if the magazine is paying you for it, they will insist that the article be original and not published elsewhere.

Daniel

Great Job, And a How to would be great. But I agree with the above statment. Go for the Magazine first. something else in the way of instructions could be added here later, but don't limit your chances of getting out to a wider audience.

daledut

Thanks for all the compliments. It really give me the "warm fuzzies" to know that my fellow pen makers like my work.

I guess I was a little vague on the article thing. I am submitting it to a magazine that requires first publishing rights. I will not publish it here unless I am rejected, or until it comes out in the magazine. I have the editor's blessing for posting a photo, but not the article until they decide if they will use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom