Couple of Cobs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Here are a couple of corn cob Cigar pens I turned to replace those sold last week.... these are from cobs that have been laying in my FIL's old chicken coop for about 30 yrs... bone dry and real pretty... a lot nicer when finished than new cobs... but a real PITA to work with because of the hardness and silica embedded in the cobs...
Hardware is Satin Gold, Black Chrome and Shiny Gold...

20041112153513_cobset2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Amazing, the one in the middle is great. Where is the butter! I wonder if you dyed it brown/black if it would look like snake skin? Anthony

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
It might Anthony... I was considering some pale green to see if it looks like an exotic snake... maybe some reddish gold color... the Satin and Black were treated with BLO as an experiment and really did some nice coloring to the cobs...

Tropical

Nice pens... I am yet too new at turning to even attempt corn cobe! By the way, where did you purchase your satin gold and black chrome cigar fittings. THanks.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Forget all that "TOO NEW TO DO THIS" garbage... we were all new once and if we did not take a chance we would never have learned... a cigar kit will cost you about $3.00 and the cob almost nothing... worst case scenario you need to either turn the screwed up cob off the tubes or buy a set of replacement tubes for about $0.50... GO FOR IT... HAVE FUN AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT SCREWING IT UP...

I get all my Cigar pens from either Bill B at Arizona Silhouette or Ryan at Woodturningz.com...both have fantastic prices on pen kits... especially Cigar and slimline kits... a lot lower than the catalog houses charge.. and the service of both can not be beat...

Tropical

Thank you very much.. both for the inspiration to try the cob and for the info on the kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom