Couple bottle stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

Here are a couple bottle stoppers I have been working on. I plan on adding to the Afzalia when I get some Black Spinals in. Thanks to Fred for his drilling jig and Steve for the help in emails.

First one is the Afzalia with a Blank Onyx cabochon.

0743182912_AFzalia%20bottle%20stopper%20with%20cab.jpg

Second is BOW with Brown Tiger Eye Cabochon and Amethyst(6). The Amethyst are 5mm and the jig did not have a bushing that fit the drill bit. I need to work on a sleeve or more bushings to fix that. I had some small tear outs.

W%20bottle%20stopper%20with%20cab%20and%20amethyst.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRussell

Hello Tom,

I do a lot of inlaid stoppers myself... Those are very nice stoppers! You might take a look at presets for inlaying your stones. These feature a gold (or other metal) setting that the stone is already inlaid into. This offers a finished look to the stone and makes inlaying a snap. Take a look at this article I wrote for an idea of what to do. Good luck to you and all the best to you and yours!

http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/bottle-stoppers.html

airrat

Steve, I have been talking to you in emails. (ramprat) I have ordered some presets and been talking to Lisa. As a matter of fact I told her about the site yesterday. she was going to look us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom