Corn Cob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaeger

jaeger

Here is a corn cob that I turned on Sunday. It is on an Executive kit.

1_Corn_Cob.jpg

IMG%5D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

Very Nice, I love the Executive pens I just did a set for one of my co workers for fathers day. (posted) And I have 4 corn cobs air drying right now, I hope to turn next week.

jaeger

Thanks.
I turned these without stabilizing at all. I used some CA and BLO to fill a few voids and as a finish. This was the first of four attempts that turned out. The first three either blew up or had unacceptable flaws. I used the belt sander to square up the tubes basically, and I used sandpaper quite a bit including 80 grit which I don't use on pens very often.

I switched to the skew early in the turning and switched to the sandpaper earlier than I normally do.
Hope this helps.

jaeger

Very Nice, I love the Executive pens I just did a set for one of my co workers for fathers day. (posted) And I have 4 corn cobs air drying right now, I hope to turn next week.

One thing that I like about the Executive is that it uses a Parker style ball point refill.

jaeger

That is a cool looking pen, the cob looks great on that kit!

Thanks!
I am going to try to have a few ready for my first show in 2 weeks. The craft show is in South Dakota and if I can't sell a corn cob pen there, I better hang it up.

Top Bottom