Corian bathroom set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

This is the bathroom set I made for my sister. The dixie cup holder is a very simple design, but that is what she wanted. The silver pump part I got at one of the bathroom stores. It is actually is glued to the top but the pump comes out to refill. I also made round soaps for the dish but you can get small soaps or round ones at a bathroom store. The jar is threaded and I just gave it to her because it was cute and matched her bathroom.

200592823569_bathroomset.jpg

2005928235748_glueingcupholder.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Great Job Alice! I've got some in real stone that look somewhat like that, and after a long while, the soap starts to soak right through the porous wall. These won't have that problem.

I worked for Georgia Pacific designing dispensers for paper towels and toilet paper. They bought the owners of Dixie cups, and we got to design some dispensers for those. Our first project was a tie in with a Monsters, Inc. dispenser. I did a mouthwash/ Dixie cup dispenser concept that never was produced. We also did a modern high end looking cup dispenser that did get produced. It's fun to design stuff for them. The little cups are an American tradition.

Czarcastic

Alice:
That is one amazing glue-up! Did you use any special adhesive or is this following your DNA/CA instructions? I'm floored by the seamlessness of the cup holder and soap dispenser. Just incredible!

elody21

John that turned out really good! and it is a very good idea! I used regular corian glue for these projects, although most of the timeI use the CA method.

Czarcastic

Originally posted by elody21
<br />I used regular corian glue for these projects...
More info, if possible, please? What is "regular corain glue?"
how does one find it? is it one of those things that I would have to buy in such quantity as it is not cost-effective for me?
Sorry to be such a pain...

elody21

You can order adhesives to match all solid surface colors of all brands. These come in carterages to fit (with a $3.00 adaptor) in a regular caulking gun!!! Each carterage of glue is around $8.00.It is 2 part and works like epoxy. The company is called integra-adhesives. There is no min. order.
The older small kits of corian glue on e-bay must be used all at one time and the newer ones need a special gun to the tune of $28.00 to use. The guns from different companies are not interchangeable! So the intergra is a perfect solution! You just need to know the manufactures name and color and they will match it up for you! If you are confused about the name of the color take a photo and I will probably know it (hopefully)You can even get clear!!! Can you tell I have fun with this stuff? If you need any more help, be sure and ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom