~COPPERHEAD SNAKE~

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

I just wanted to show off what my boss brought to work for me as a gift!

2012-05-21 18.46.27.jpg

2012-05-21 18.47.59.jpg

2012-05-21 18.48.13.jpg

2012-05-21 18.47.59.jpg

2012-05-21 19.20.21.jpg

2012-05-21 19.20.37.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Seamus, besides being beautiful, which (it may rarely happen in a boss) are you sure that it wasn't his own tail? :eek::biggrin::tongue: Just kidding.
But, I guess he likes you. Hope he won't put a real one in your lunch box or something. We don't need that. BTW, youguys get those kind of stuff your way up in that part of Texas? With all that heat and the brush fire lately?

Last edited:

seamus7227

No doubt i have a very cool boss! He has a ranch down near Chico,Tx(about an hour from here).I believe he said this snake was in his firewood pyle. The strange thing is, he has Western Diamondbacks and Copperheads on his property, and i thought where you find one, you typically wont find the other. Maybe that is an old wives tale?

I still prefer the Massasauga Rattlesnake over all of them.

underdog

I've got a skin off one about five feet long several years ago. I tried tanning it, but the scales came off and now it's absolutely clear...

It's been sitting up in the shed waiting for me to do something with it...

Anyone wanta give it a shot?

sumterdad

very cool. I ran over a rattle snake the other day and got out and took a video of it trying to get away with a busted gut. I finally was able to stop the tire on its neck so I could take of the head. The first thing in my mind was seamus would hate me for messing up this much skin of this rattler. I thought about uploading the short video but i dont know. It was a little over 4 feet and about 3 or so inches round

robutacion

very cool. I ran over a rattle snake the other day and got out and took a video of it trying to get away with a busted gut. I finally was able to stop the tire on its neck so I could take of the head. The first thing in my mind was seamus would hate me for messing up this much skin of this rattler. I thought about uploading the short video but i dont know. It was a little over 4 feet and about 3 or so inches round

Came on Chris, the VIDEO, please...!:wink::biggrin:

Was in fact a nice gesture from your boss, and I'm certain that will be a pen make with this skin with his name on it, that would be fair too...!

Nice skinning job now, the tanning part so good luck with it...!

Cheers
George

seamus7227

I've got a skin off one about five feet long several years ago. I tried tanning it, but the scales came off and now it's absolutely clear...
It's been sitting up in the shed waiting for me to do something with it...
Anyone wanta give it a shot?

how did you tan it? The process i use is a 50/50 solution of 99%Alcohol/99%Glycerine and the skins are soft and supple. do you have pictures?

Chris i cant believe you wanna tease me like that without pictures:frown:

Was in fact a nice gesture from your boss, and I'm certain that will be a pen make with this skin with his name on it, that would be fair too...! Nice skinning job now, the tanning part so good luck with it...!Cheers George

maybe a Tru-Texas Quarter over it, cast in resin!:rolleyes:

BKelley

Seamus,

That is one fine copperhead, when I was a boy we called them highland moccasins or pilot snakes. I'm sure this fellow will end up making some nice pen blanks.
I'm like you, I think the massasauga makes a nicer blank. Should you ever have an
extra massasauga that you would sell, I'd appreciate being considered a prospective customer.

Ben

Top Bottom