colour explosion and lava boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

Hello folks
here are three resin boxes i've made recently for a special order/customer

the resin was cast by IAP's very own Eugene Soto and sent to me as 3"x3"x 7 3/4" blocks weighing 3kg each

3 1/2" tall by 2 7/8" wide
P1150033.jpg

4" tall by 2 7/8" wide
P1150086.jpg

P1150090.jpg

P1150069.jpg

4 3/4" tall by 2 7/8" wide
P1150117.jpg

P1150156.jpg

P1150161.jpg

P1150164.jpg

P1150165.jpg

P1150170.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alinc100

George ,
Those are stunning.I especially like the look of the first acrylic.That was an amazing blank.I'd like to see that in a pen blank size..
The shape and beauty is truly an artistic feat on both vessels.

cnirenberg

Definitely not "from the tree", but absolutely fantastic. That customer is one lucky dude (U.S. for "chap I suppose). I love the first 2 boxes, there is so much going on in that material that its like one of those pictures that changes when you stare at it for a long time. Thanks for posting these, one day I'll get back to making boxes.

el_d

Great work George. Nice blanks to start with but they have a great shape to them.

What was your finishing process? I know Eugene uses Alumilite but I have never seen Alumilite shine like that ?

Lenny

Eugene's blanks are spectacular!

I know I am repeating myself here, but ... George, you have such a knack for turning a perfect form! Everything flows perfectly and proportionately! Just always LOVE seeing your work!

thewishman

George, you do such great-looking boxes! Eugene does fabulous work and you really show it off.

Didn't you have the cover of turning magazines from both G.B. and U.S.A. last fall? I was floored when I saw both of them on the news stand at the same time - you are a rock star!:)

thank you for all of your kind comments they are really appreciated.

El D: I use a 3 stage buffing process

Thewishman: yes I was on both covers around the same time- you are the first person to mention it, thank you.

Woodlvr

I am having a problem with nerves. Getting up my nerves to try to learn the basics,like mounting,turning, and shapes. I may not have what it takes to be able to design one. I just do not want to ruin any of the JB blanks that I have.looks great as usual.

toyotaman

Those are some "Awesome" looking boxes. I really like the one in the last few pictures. The colors are excellent. I'm in the process of making one myself. I hope it will turn out half as good as yours. It will be a fusion or trashwood box blank.

Top Bottom