Color options for pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Ludwigsen

Okay, I've been looking through past topics and haven't seen this question addressed yet. I'm still fairly new to pen turning.

I have only been able to find shiny gold, brushed satin silver, and in some cases black pen kits. Does anyone know of sources for slimline, designer, or other kits in shiny silver or brushed satin gold?

Also, I had a couple times where I messed up a tip from a designer kit and had to "borrow" a tip from another kit. Does anyone know of a source for individual replacement parts? I specifically need a couple tips for PKMONT sets.

Thanks everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melchioe

CSUSA (http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/catalog/pen_kits.html)has platinum, which I see as shiny silver or chrome-looking. Ryan at woodturningz.com has some brushed satin gold cigar pen kits.

leenollie

I got some really nice Chrome slimline kits from a buddy of mine who got them from www.woodpenpro.com I checked out the site and the slimline kits are very competitively priced. I'm going to order some here in the near future.

Lee Biggers
The ever curious pen turner [:)]

ilikewood

Chuck,

Look over in the pen parts surplus section. A PKMONT is the same as a European style....just has a different name. Contact me over there because I have a few.

wayneis

I've recently ordered from "woodpenpro" and he does indeed have good prices on some of his wares. I don't know where he getts his kits, the one that he calls the Designer, I have not been able to track it down, the center band looks different than most pen kits like that. I ordered his Slender and his Soft grip and they seem pretty good. I just ordered his Designer to check it out. He also has good prices on boxs, some of those I have not seen before either.

Wayne

Rudy Vey

Chuck,

get yourself a Berea Hardwoods and a CraftSupplies catalog. These are the best kits available at this moment.
From Berea you can get a variety kits in several finishes: Gold, Chrome, TitaniumGold, Black Titanium,Platinum, Rosegold and solid Sterlingsilver as well as satin gold, nickel or pearl.

From CraftSupplies you can get pretty much the same finishes, except the Black Titanium, Rosegold and Sterlingsilver.

The kits offered by Woodcraft are mainly from Berea.

Keep in mind that not every pen kit comes in all types of plating, so check these catalogues and go to their websites.

Rudy

C_Ludwigsen

Thanks Marc. I'll check out your site again. My friend Ryan was the one who helped you with the HTML DIV tag issue. Glad to see things are going well.

Rudy, I just ordered Berea's catalog. Looks like they have a good variety but are a bit pricier than others. I just made my first order from PensOfColor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom