Cocobolo Burl #2 - My New Favorite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

Ok, I couldn't stand it! So, I turned my last piece of cocobolo burl today. I have one prepped for an "Imperial" but thats it. Sanding this down is quit different. It clogs sandpaper up likes its burning. Weird. Well now this one IS MY FAVORITE........for now. :smile-big:

Please give me feed back. I promise I can take it. I have only been turning since Feb of this year.

Attachments

• DSC_0258a.jpg
    DSC_0258a.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paladin

Feedback?!?

Please give me feed back. I promise I can take it. I have only been turning since Feb of this year.

You sure you can take it? OK, here it comes: That pen sucks. Send it to me right away and I will take care of it so you don't ever have to burn your retinas looking at that monstrosity again!

:clown:

Marc Ward
Brookfield, WI

johnnycnc

Looks good from the photo, kind of a small picture though if you want
good feedback.:)

Give us some details, what finish did you use, etc. we love details and hearing what the other person did and how they did it!

jskeen

fantastic piece of wood, on a great kit, and the finish looks good from what I can see. My advise: post some bigger pictures, and at least one open and another closed.

There is way more great advise than I have been able to follow in the photo forum, scan a few posts there for white balance and exposure tips. Your pics look pretty good to start, which means that you probably know enough to follow the instructions and get somewhere between great and outstanding. And yes, more details are better if you want feedback. What tools did you turn with, what setup on the lathe, how did you prep for finish, what finish did you apply, all that good stuff.

Most important, keep turning and posting :)

Top Bottom