Click Rhodium Ballpoint Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stick Rounder

Stick Rounder

Besides work like a dog at my day job I managed to turn a couple of pens over the weekend here is one of them....

This is Chola Wood with clear alumilite tinted red and copper pearl-ex cast on a Rhodium Click Ballpoint Pen (from Lau Lau Woodworks:wink:) finished in CABLO using the W.O. Young technique.

Please give any feedback, all is appreciated.

1_Red-Copper_Click_Pen_2.jpg

1_Red-Copper_Click_Pen_1.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stick Rounder

I really need to figure out the picture thing...

Those pen kits are great and very unforgiving. There is NO room for error on the length. Here are some larger photos, I hope. As for the stand, I made it from an over the door hanger.

Attachments

• Red-Copper Click Pen 2.jpg
    Red-Copper Click Pen 2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 293
  • Red-Copper Click Pen 1.jpg
    Red-Copper Click Pen 1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 271

cnirenberg

Doug,
Nice work. Really sharp looking pens. I am teetering on the edge of trying to cast my own again. I tried my hand at using PR (don't have a pressure pot). It is my understanding that you do with clear alumilite, but with the white you don't. Did you need to put the casting under pressure to eliminate any bubbles?

JohnU

The pen turned out great! I casted some of that wood last year and set it on the shelf an forgot about it. Im going to have to find it and hope it turned out as well as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Stick Rounder

Doug,
Nice work. Really sharp looking pens. I am teetering on the edge of trying to cast my own again. I tried my hand at using PR (don't have a pressure pot). It is my understanding that you do with clear alumilite, but with the white you don't. Did you need to put the casting under pressure to eliminate any bubbles?

I would recommend a pressure pot for all alumilite, especially if you are casting with material in the alumilite. The wood has a lot of space to fill with the resin. If you were just casting alumilite by itself you may not need a pressure pot but I would not chance it.

Top Bottom