cedarcide wood stabilizer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

exoticwo

I have not seen this before but from the Turners write up on their website:(Drying Agent, Cellular Adhesion Promoter, Grain Enhancement, Water Proofer, Strength Provider, Dust and Chip Preventor, Cutting Aid and Sanding Assistant) this sounds like the answer to almost all of our troubles !!! Now called "Turners Choice"
The cost is comparable to other products out there but this is the only one that handles green wood checking and stabilization as an "all in one" ??
$50 per gallon is a little high, Polycryl is $41 a gl(stabilizer only) Woodsealer is $16 a gl (green wood sealer only) and Pentacryl is $53 a gl(Dryer only)
I would be interested in working with another turner in the Norfolk Va. area to test this product out. Please contact me via PM. if interested

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
THere are several of us who would love to see your testing. I've posted about this a couple of months ago and go no responses. Do a Google search on this product and you will find other sites that have tested it and found it was so-so. (Actually, to save some work for y'all here is the quote from my earlier post: "More info about it including 'discussion with the Chief Scientist' here:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=190265&postcount=13
Interesting note is that if you read the entire thread (which started as a thread on alcohol drying (interesting in of itself), you find that no one bought it/used it beyond the initial testing." )

GK

exoticwo

Greg, You are correct in your statement about searching the internet. Some of the previous testers saw no real benefit or difference than others out there.
After a lot of reading, I think that I will not be ordering any to try out and will use Alchol and or Homemade Sealer. Sorry John P.

Originally posted by penhead
<br />Thats ok, I will just save my pennies towards the jawbone of an alligator [:)]

If you want to pay the shipping I'm sure we could find you a whole alligator. Unless you're talking about a Gator(Orange & Blue) then you are on your own.[;)]

eastbay

The company had 2 similar peoducts cedar cide and cedar shield. The article from the link above was for cedar shield has any one had experance with cedar cide? From the website it was the product will a the benefits that would help us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom