Casting under PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

53Jim

I have a question about casting something under PR, similar to snake skin casting. My oldest son is a volunteer fire fighter. He was given an old set of turn out pants and would like to make some pens out of them. The question is this...after the material is glued to the tubes; the tube ends are plugged; and the PR poured over the tubes...should the PR/TUBE setup be put in a vacuum chamber, or is it OK to let the PR set on it's own?
Thanks,
Jim

its_virgil

The PR will set just fine without pressure or vacuum. Before pouring the resin into the mold, paint some resin onto the tubes (snake skinn or whatever your embedding) which will help with bubbles wanting to cling to the tube. Also, shake, tap, agitate, etc to help dislodge the bubbles. Pouring slowly and stirring in the catalyst slowly will also help. Good luck and be sure to show us the finished pens.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by 53Jim
<br />I have a question about casting something under PR, similar to snake skin casting. My oldest son is a volunteer fire fighter. He was given an old set of turn out pants and would like to make some pens out of them. The question is this...after the material is glued to the tubes; the tube ends are plugged; and the PR poured over the tubes...should the PR/TUBE setup be put in a vacuum chamber, or is it OK to let the PR set on it's own?
Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom