CA tech pressure pot vs economy pp ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Linarestribe

I noticed the Finish systems has two pressure pot categories. Can anyone tell me what the diffrence is between the economy pressure pot for $243 and the CA tech pressure pot for $312?

Thanks

Attachments

• 7535-2.1sm.jpg
    7535-2.1sm.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 501sm2.jpg
    501sm2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 852
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevrob

To be honest, I am not sure what the difference is between those two. I purchased the one they have specific for Resin...as seen here (C.A. Technologies Resin (Mold) Casting Pressure Pots) for $294.19. I love it. I did develop a tutorial on the adjustments you need to do once you get the pot, so if you end up purchasing it and want to see it, let me know and I will send it to you.

Kevin

PS...i think the one I purchased is in your second photo, at least they appear the same.

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Not sure of the difference, but I have the economy and it is ALLLLLLL, I'll ever need for penwork. I never use as much pressure as it will safely handle. I usually use about 25 or 30 lb for airbrushing tubes and back painting blanks and about 50 or 60 for casting blanks, and that's about 15 or 20 lbs more than necessary. Hope this helps!

IPD_Mr

Your biggest difference is the economy is designed for casting and does not have the up lift stem. I have put enough in my pot that the pressure relief valve went off. Scared the c well lets just say we the casting wasn't suppose to be brown. :eek:

I had the HF pot and am so glad that I went the extra $$$ for the CA Technologies quality.

Linarestribe

To be honest, I am not sure what the difference is between those two. I purchased the one they have specific for Resin...as seen here (C.A. Technologies Resin (Mold) Casting Pressure Pots) for $294.19. I love it. I did develop a tutorial on the adjustments you need to do once you get the pot, so if you end up purchasing it and want to see it, let me know and I will send it to you.

Kevin

PS...i think the one I purchased is in your second photo, at least they appear the same.

I just relized the diffrence with the one you bought and the one I found for $312. The $312 has the tube for paint and your doesn't (at least according to the website).

I would like to see your tutorial and thanks for offering it.

Jorge

kevrob

Jorge,

Here is the tutorial. I created it in 2011, so all of the costs may have risen slightly since this was created. Setting these up is certainly not rocket science, but to a newbie it can take a few "trials" before you get it right. I created this thinking if it helps save others some money and time, great!

I have sent it to one or two people who have said it helped them - so I hope it helps you as well. If you see any mistakes or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kevin

Attachments

• Pressure Pot Set-up.pdf
    875.1 KB · Views: 1,710
Top Bottom