Business Cards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Has anyone talked about their buisiness cards on here?

I had some made a while back, fairy cheap, and I put my home address on them. Is this a good or bad thing? Does anyone have ideas, maybe someone on here, on where to get their business cards and WHAT should be on them, I do not have a web site, but I have a cell number and email address but what else? Anything? Maybe some can post a picture of their card, if it has done well for them(?). Give me your thoughts if you don't mind.
Thanx for the help!
Randy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paintspill

my brother did mine as a christmas present a few years. i don't like the address idea, mine have name, number, email, and city, so people know your local but can't actually show up at your house. i didn't have a web site when the cards were done but my site is simply the company name .com easy enough to figure out. but even a sticker on the back works.

but a tip for everyone looking for business cards. if you know anyone in the printing business keep this in mind. if they are printing a 12X13 job on 12X16 paper (for example) that end cut is waste. if you can give them free reign on color choices they can fit a row of business card in that waste for very little cost. the paper is garbage and there is little ink used.

I print my own cards using Avery clean perf templates... I don't put my address on my cards, only name, phone number, website and email. I also put little pictures on my cards of things I turn... since I don't give out hundreds of cards, these work very well for me.

JimB

Only put the contact information you want customers (strangers) to use. If you put your complete address on the cards you are really telling people it is OK to stop by unannounced. If you put your home phone number on the cards then anyone in the house needs to be prepared to answer phone calls even if it is just to take a message for you.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
hmmmm

I make my own....and I do have my address on the cards as well as my phone number. I never have problems with people coming by unannounced looking for pen kits. (trying to sell me lawn service - yes, trying to sell me magazines - yes, trying to sell me Avon - yes. Trying to buy pen kits - no)

Maybe it's just me but if I lived where I had to worry about people knowing where I live .... I'd move.

JimB

I make my own....and I do have my address on the cards as well as my phone number. I never have problems with people coming by unannounced looking for pen kits. (trying to sell me lawn service - yes, trying to sell me magazines - yes, trying to sell me Avon - yes. Trying to buy pen kits - no)

Maybe it's just me but if I lived where I had to worry about people knowing where I live .... I'd move.

Sorry if I made it sound creepy earlier. I actually do have my address on my cards. I just wanted to be sure the OP considered this.

Its best to make your biz card a mini advertisement telling what it is that you do.I think it nees to be simple not to crazy with garphics,ut to the point of wht you do.I would just put a city/state not your actual address that way they still know if you are local or not.Thats my two cents,Victor

Jgrden

Would the IAP sponsor a card? It would link all the pen turners together. We could still print additional information on the back of them.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

Dang my friend, you and I have a lot more in common than just a last name.:wink:

Sorry to let all you know that crazy people live in every place in the USA,so don't think that your little town is as safe as you think.The guy down the road may be cutting bodies up and putting them in the back yard,just saying crazies live all over.I still think a lcation is good enough.Victor

SDB777

Had a few made up so I could put the ink stick info on the back of 'em when someone actually purchases one from me. The front has nothing more then a catchy name, email address, and a phone number with a call between this time and that time.

Didn't even think about street or city/state on e'm.......

Scott (freaky people....yup there out there) B

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
live in fear

Sorry to let all you know that crazy people live in every place in the USA,so don't think that your little town is as safe as you think.The guy down the road may be cutting bodies up and putting them in the back yard,just saying crazies live all over.I still think a lcation is good enough.Victor

Well Victor, I refuse to live my life either in fear or with one eye always watching my neighbors. And, I still sleep well.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam

Well Victor, I refuse to live my life either in fear or with one eye always watching my neighbors. And, I still sleep well.

Amen brother!

bkersten

along with a fine tuned Colt .45 and several preloaded mags ensures all is well.:)

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam

along with a fine tuned Colt .45 and several preloaded mags ensures all is well.:)

Don't forget the well trained guard dog while you're away at a show! :biggrin:

Top Bottom