Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi everyone, can anybody tell me how they store their bushings? I bought a couple of the “caddies” from PSI but now that I’ve got them, I’ve decided they are not for me. I bought some very small plastic pots, with hinged lids from Amazon. I was going to build a box around them all so that I can keep them all handy in one place. Anybody know a better way? Not sure how to identify each set of bushings in each pot. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks very much all. G

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PBorowick

walshjp17

Harbor Fright has a small box that holds 24 even smaller boxes. I store my bushings in the smaller boxes and keep them all in the larger one. I actually have four or five of these boxes pretty much filled up. Even the largest, such as full size Gents/Emperors, fit in the small boxes. I use a label maker to mark each of the small boxes with the individual bushing sets and the larger ones with the contents.

lederer3617

I use the 18 medium compartment plastic box from Harbor Freight @ 3.99. Also, I remove some of the plastic pieces that make up the compartment (just slides out) and store pens in them. I have lots of them, since HF is only 6 miles away. p.s. no matter how hard I try, the bushings still get mixed up.

Woodchipper

I have a storage thingy with small drawers. I do keep the bushings in the origianal ziplock bags. Hippi, good idea. Drill some thin boards and make a rack.

Sly Dog

1578495758210.jpeg My drawer of bushings, such as it is. I started with the storage bin on the right but once dropped it spilling all my bushings everywhere. 😅 Now I use the individual plastic boxes that once contained shaving razors which I get every several months, but pill boxes are perfect too, as others have stated. It’s much easier to chase one set of bushings around the shop floor than 12 and then have to re-sort them. If the drawer gets full, it’ll mean I’m not turning between centers enough.😉 This is all the space I’m willing to devote to bushings. Good luck!

FrankH

I use prescription bottles. At my age, I continually get new bottles. I bought several containers that walship 17 mentioned in his post for bushings, but haven't gotten around to making the switch.

jttheclockman

I bought these yesterday and will give these a try for bushings. 5 separate compartments in a drawer. So even if i drop them it is not a catastrophe. also should be able to get multiple sets of same bushings in the same compartment. Hope it works. I did buy a couple of the 24 individual box ones but I feel they are too small. But that is a try thing to. I hope I can make that cabinet this year so I can start sorting that pen stuff. My clean up is almost done and has gone better than I expected. Have one more cabinet to sort through before I call it a success. The key I found is order a bunch of storage boxes of different sizes and it makes life so much easier.

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-compartment-utility-box-40528.html

penicillin

Remember what a 50 CD-R case looks like? The cover is like a 5 inch wide upside-down cup. I keep bushings in their original plastic envelopes in that CD-R cover lid cup. The cup contains:

* 14 Different bushing sets for pens (and sewing tools) in their original envelopes. Only one set is allowed out of its envelope at a time.
* 3 Slimline bushing sets in their original envelopes - Used for Slimline pens and also as spacers to give me more separation when desired.
* 2 Non-stick bushing sets.
* 2 Rockler pen mill sets
* 2 Sharpie markers, one black, one silver - Used to make grain alignment marks on pen blanks and inside tubes.
* Pen Making Record forms, my own design. I have shared it here before.
* The Micro-mesh grit sorting color chart.

It works for me. KISS.

Bushings in Cup.JPG

Top Bottom