Burly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Managed to get some stuff finished over a busy weekend.
The pencil holders are from the burl blocks I posted last week that were on sale. A bowl from red melle and a few pens....
Emperors in Buckeye burl , then some real nice wood I recieved from Reed down in Sumerton , AZ. I don't know what the middle one is, but has one of the nicest color tones I have seen and some desert ironwood with sap, thanks Reed. Last a rope twist in double dyed box elder burl.

Thanks for looking :)

20065143734_burly.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micah

Anthony,
Simply put...beautiful. You have been very busy!
I exspecially like that Buckeye. Very nicely done.

Micah

reed43

If I remember right it is cat claw mesquite. I sent you a grease wood
blank but it has more of a green tone to it. Reed

PenWorks

Reed, I think this is the greesewood, the pic does not show it, but it does has a real nice green tint to it. Thanks again both blanks were tops!

tipusnr

Great job. It all looks like quality work. Surprisingly what caught my eye first were the pencil holders. Are those recesses on the bottom for chucking up the blank? I've tried a couple myself but never could get the proportions right. If it's not a trade secret, could you post the dimensions of your holders?

PenWorks

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br /> If it's not a trade secret, could you post the dimensions of your holders?

No secret there Tip, I make the width according to the size blank I have. I do keep the cup on the short side as far as length. Both are 3" long and the width is 1.89 on the large and the other is 1.65, both are OD. I think the biggest part to making them look pleasing, is the thiness of the walls.

The recess is for chucking

nilsatcraft

Great looking set, Anthony. I always have a hard time turning a burl into a little dish or bowl when I know it can be cut up into a bunch of pen blanks but it's nice to do more than just pens. Nice work all around.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br /> It looks like someone was working in the shop during that party!

The party was not at my place, thank goodness. I missed my Sunday golf, and worked all day yesterday. The Party comment was in reference to my Aunt Mary, turned 90 this weekend and is still sharp as a tac. We had a big family bash Saturday.

Thanks for the comments

PenWorks

Originally posted by nilsatcraft
<br /> I always have a hard time turning a burl into a little dish or bowl when I know it can be cut up into a bunch of pen blanks

Now how can you sell any bowl blanks with an attitude like that [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom