Bottle Stoppers and other items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Here are a few items I've been working on lately. All comments welcomed, that's how I improve. [8D]

This is my first wood bottle stopper, and my first attempt at captive rings. I don't have the proper tools for the rings, made them with o-ring picks. The wood is unknown, and the finish is BLO.
2006127224432_BS2006-03CS.jpg

This is a nice hunk of Koa I got from BigRob during his BBQ. I originally had a different shape for this one, but didn't like it and converted it to a captive ring as well. Couldn't sand the inside of the ring as much as I wanted, or the ring would have been oversized and fallen off. The finish is BLO. The part I like the most about this one is the knot that is in both the ring and the body, and the fact that it hasn't cracked yet!
2006127224551_BS2006-04SSKoaCaptiveRingCS.jpg

My first top. Made with Redheart and the same unknown wood as the first bottle stopper. Finish is BLO. This is a Christmas gift for my nephew.
2006127224810_Top2006-01RedheartUnkLaminateCS.jpg

Last up is my first mirror compact. This is done in Corian. Sorry about the blurry photo, I had trouble getting the camera to focus on this.
2006127225059_Compact2006-01CorianCS.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom