Black Ti Art Deco with Honeysuckle Nights

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

Who picks these names at Exoticblanks, anyway?

The Black Ti version of the Art Deco leaves a bit to be desired. I like the overall aesthetic of the kit, but they have some serious quality control problems with the actual execution. I'll say more later, but first we'll see what people think.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I think you did a great job with this one too , but I still think the kit is gaudy ... even in black Ti . You really can't go by me though , I don't like the Emperors either :biggrin:

pensmyth

Awesome work on the blank. I turned one each of the art deco's and just don't like them at all. The twist version was very uncomfortable to write with and they both look "odd" I've shown them a couple of times and the response has basically been uhhhh, hummmm no thanks.....

phillywood

pen I like, but loose the kit. it looks like someone couldn't get the idea out right out of their head for the kit. Looks wierd.
Let me know if you get lucky selling it?
Or, can you disassemble the kit and put into something else?

Brooks803

I don't like the kit much myself, but that blank does work very well with it IMO. You've done an excellent job with fit and finish! Not to mention changing that ugly pimp stone.

bgibb42

I'll pretty much echo what most of the others have said. The blank is great (looks like the tortoise shell pickguards), but the pen components look ridiculous, IMHO. And what's up with the threads on the front section and the bottom barrel finial extending beyond the threaded couplers? Are they made like that?

Your work looks great as always, though, and your pictures are always gorgeous.

Kaspar

As far as that acrylic goes, I've seen similar from another seller. And they always have the same problem. Because of the thinness of the barrel, a lot of the effect you see in the original blank is lost by the time you're done. I would have been nicer if there had been a little more of the deeper yellow pearlescent stuff at the right depth.

The kit also was poorly made. The plating on some of the parts is a different tone than that on the others. The pictures covers it a bit, but you can see the difference at the base of the pen: the finial is darker than the retaining ring. Very annoying that. One expects better from such a pricey kit. At this point, I won't be getting any more of the Black Ti Art Deco. I still like the rhodium and gold though.

Top Bottom