Bird seeds Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patmurris

patmurris

Hi all! :)

Still from the "anything's possible with CA" department, here is another experiment with bird seeds:

Tournage%20Stylos%20177_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20178_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20179_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20180_800.jpg

I proceeded as for the mimosa flowers except i used ground seeds to 'paint' the tube before gluing the seeds.

There is a lot of potential with seeds... I'm thinking about trying out one of those multi colored pepper blend... but am having seconds thoughts too! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Ha!!!! That is why I love Sierra's!! What a cool idea! I have some 4 pepper blend from Trader Joes I may cast in clear PR.

seamus7227

I like it, but try painting the tube black so the seeds stand out and have lots of depth, and see how that looks! Great job by the way!

micharms

The pen looks great. This kind of stuff gets very addictive.

I have some peppercorn blanks cast for a friend that turns peppermills. He wants to make some pens to use when at shows. I can't wait to see what the result looks like.

Michael

patmurris

Are you saying all you used to make it was bird seed and CA glue, not resin?
That's right! But you know, there is very little material left around a Sierra tube and it does not take that much CA.

I like it, but try painting the tube black so the seeds stand out and have lots of depth, and see how that looks! Great job by the way!
The brass tube does show through in some parts, but frankly i think it adds some depth and glitter that's quite welcome... :biggrin:

Top Bottom