Becky's Newest Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kennosborne

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennosborne

Becky (my wife) just made this pen the other night and I thought it was the perfect chance to use a different camera setup. The pen is beautiful and I wanted to make it look as good as it does in in real life.

The pen is Manzanita Root with Ebony dust to fill in small voids. It has a CA finish (her very first time doing a CA finish BTW).

I think it looks good but maybe the root takes away from the pen?

http://www.penturners.org/oldalbums/kennosborne/IMG_0322.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

I like it IMHO. BTW what kit is that, I see a lot of people using it, but have not seen it in any of my current catalogs. (I may have just missed seeing it.)

kennosborne

This one is the Polaris from Penn State. CSUSA has a similar kits called the Patriot. I like them they are a nice kit and very easy to make. My wife thinks they are a bit short but likes the way they write and the weight of them.

Daniel

Kenn,
I've been wanting to comment on Beckys Pens since you posted the Pen in the Hat submission. they are all very fien work and then she has you to coach her. the Tagua really caught my eye. from the photo it looks like it almost has a flower inlayed in it. I like the bachgrounds you choose as well.
As for the manzanita. I for one really like it and the finish really shows in the second photo. great job.
Manzanita does indeed grow in the western states. I am in Reno NV and we have a bit of it here. But just an hours drive or so into california and it is everywhere. I need to make a wood foraging trip sometime. california has alot of good stuff. We also have planty of Silver Sage as well as two or three other varieties of sage. soemone was asking about it for pens the other day but I didn't get back to them. I've seen at least one pen from it.

Scott

Hi Kenn,

That is one rich looking pen! I have always wanted to try Manzanita root, but have never gotten to it. Please let her know I think it is fantastic!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom