Ballpoint vs Rollerball vs Fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bradh

I sell more ball point, mainly because they are usually less expensive.
Reviewing my sales the last couple years, about 10% were Fountain pens and 5% were Rollerball pens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Most people use ballpoints---Bic-ish.

So, unless you SELL them on another alternative, they will look at your pen as a replacement for the type they are using now.

Even if you do try to SELL rollerballs, you will probably sell 6 or more ballpoints to every rollerball or fountain.

Mark

BP for me too. Mostly due to the number of styles using BP that I carry.

The only RB's that I keep stocked are the Zen and the Jr Retro / Majestic Jr.

Also the Majestic, but the $ usaully makes that desirable to a specific type of customer.

IPD_Mrs

Rollerballs, then ballpoint (which some switch to the gel refill -9000), then fountain pens.
Customers don't always know what they are looking for though - so if they are looking for a gift for someone else they will tend to roam toward the side of safety which for many will be the ballpoint side.
Personally - I carry each in my purse and I write with each. Part of this has to do with what setting I am writing in. At work if I am in a hurry and going to be taking a lot of notes in a fast paced setting I will generally use either my roller or my ballpoint depending on how my hand is cramping. If I am just signing off on things, I use my fountain.

Linda

Top Bottom