AZ Bottle Brush Bush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bev Polmanteer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice wood to work with and usually has some nice figure though not a lot. Hope the neighbor trims his trees again soon!:D

Image Insert:
2004811235946_152BottleBrush%20Power%20pen.jpg

30.48KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Wood is natural color, right from the dead branch! The kit is from Ryan and is the Power click pen. Had a litle trouble with the clip, I made the pen a little too fat and it didn't want to lay against the pen until I gave it a little persuasion!

melogic

Bev,
This is a really good looking pen. I've been looking to start turning a different style pen and I think I like this one. I will be ready to order some more supplies early next week and I'm going to be ordering from Ryan for the first time. I think a few of these will be added to the order.

G

NIce pen Bev.
I like the power point kits from Woodturningz.
Try the pencil.It's 2.0 mm comes with a sharpener in the cap(no eraser) but it makes a GREAT shop pencil!

Yes, Ive made 3 of the pencils. Not too many like the 2mm lead but like you say, great for marking and I also do some drawing and you can't beat them for shading! Maybe this would be a selling point for any of you that have them in your inventory.

melchioe

Nice pen! I like the profile - interesting approach. How does that feel in the hand? How do the notches by the tip impact the grip? Those appear to be just where I hold the pen. What kind of finish do you have on that?

tipusnr

That brings up an interesting point...comfort. One of the last things I do before putting the finish on (when I'm not demo'ing)I take the mandrel off the lathe and grab the bottom blank and hold it like I was going to write with it. Then, if my wife is around, I ask her to do the same. We are both left handed but use pens entirely differently. If the design is comfortable, I finish it, if not, it gets some more tool work or becomes a fan pull.

In my opinion, if you don't want to write with it...it's not a pen! Hopefully I'm not alone int this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom