Aussie burl Gentleman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan_F

Dan_F

Finally made it back to the shop to turn this pen for a friend at work. It's York Gum burl over a rhodium Gentleman, and sportin' one of Lou's steel nibs.

P1020064.jpg

P1020069.jpg

Sorry about the distracting folds at the back of my makeshift booth.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi, that is a real nice pen, i really like the wood and the kit. I just started to turn some of the Aussie Burls, they look good when all is said and done. Carl

Morris129

I am leaving Tampa area today for Pigeon Forge Tn. Can anyone tell what the weather has been like. I know that their is a member there but don't know his name. Thanks I am enjoying your posts and plan on posting pictures when I get better camera. Thanks for your help. Morris

Dan_F

Thanks for your kind comments. These burls can be difficult to work with if one's tools aren't literally razor sharp. I think I finally got that part figured out, so am not getting the the chip out that plagued me in my earlier attempts.

Dan

thetalbott4

York Gum and Yorrel are some of my favorite aussie burls. This piece is really nice with the pinks and yellows toward the top. The finish on that is spectacular. Great job all around!

Rudy Vey

Great Pen, Dan!!
BTW, Dan sells these great Aussie Burls, too - just got my package the other day, great stuff - and he put two additional, new to me, burl blanks in as bait;):D

Dan_F

Thanks again for the encouraging comments.

Rudy, glad you liked the blanks. I want to see some of the resulting pens here!

Dan

Top Bottom