At Last .....I got Some

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well yesterday I received my first Antle from here and yes we do have some deer farms but farmer got more money to send velvet and antle to china for use in medecine than to try to sell in Australia, I have to twist harms and legs to this farmer to get 2 pieces, he couldn't believe that I can turn a pen with it, so I told him I will send him the first pen. Turning antle was quit easy, hard to get the emanel off but after that it was a breeze, 2 coats of CA sander down MM to 12000 each coat, the antle is from Red Deer and I use only the small antle, I do have another pen purse to turn. Thanks for looking

Serge

200551124847_Antle11.jpg

200551124940_Antle31.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wicook

Nice job, Serge. Every time I see your tag line, I get a bit envious. My wife and I drove up the coast from Sydney, NSW to Airlie Beach, QLD in 2001 and almost made it to Fraser Island...but we ran out of time. Next time!

Darley

Originally posted by wicook
<br />Nice job, Serge. Every time I see your tag line, I get a bit envious. My wife and I drove up the coast from Sydney, NSW to Airlie Beach, QLD in 2001 and almost made it to Fraser Island...but we ran out of time. Next time!

Well next time come on knock at my door you will be welcome.

Serge

wicook

Thanks, Serge. Every Aussie we met was friendly and open. Our first night of camping was just south of Newcastle...an overnight stop that turned into a four-day visit with the campground owners! That turned out to be pretty typical of our trip. No wonder we didn't get to Cairns or Fraser Island... [;)] ...but we had a great time!

atvrules1

Very nicely done Serge. I think that my antler pens sell faster than any other I do. Congrats on being able to obtain antler. Now that the farmer can see what you do with it, maybe he'll save a few for you.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice Serge... can you receive antler from the US... I am making up that package for you and I have some to spare... if you can receive it with no problems I will add a piece or two..

Darley

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Very nice Serge... can you receive antler from the US... I am making up that package for you and I have some to spare... if you can receive it with no problems I will add a piece or two..

Thanks Tom for the antle offer but I have to declined because Australian custom are very pickish with animal products, so please don't put any in the parcel, thank you

Serge

Darley

Thanks to all for your comments, this morning I got an e-mail from the farmer and asking me how much I sell the pen, I have to answer to him some time today, might get some sale from it or maybe free antle, my next step is to do an FP.

rtjw the antle is from Red Deer.

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom