Art Deco with Gmelina (Beechwood) Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

I really like this kit. Maybe even more than the Junior Statesman. If only they'd leave out that stupid stone. Instead, I have to pick it out and take time to put a piece of whatever I used for the barrels. I love the length of the pen section most of all. Just a great kit. Only PSI kit I buy. Blank from (who else?) exoticblanks.com.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Nice looking pen. Gmelina burl blends well with the gold accents. I sort of like the kit and keep thinking I need to try one. I think some bakelite would go good with the kit.

Keith "mrburls"

CaptG

Very nice looking pen. I am still on the fence with the art deco pens, but yours is really nice. I like it. Good job.

Kaspar

Thanks, folks! I'll have another to show tomorrow.

Sorry , hate the kit ...

No problem. I didn't make the kit. :biggrin:

I do like them though. There are some issues, aside from that damned stone, that I wish they'd deal with. Things they ought to clean up. There's still a little gap in that top accent and its mount, and the crown accent does not bear really close scrutiny.

Last edited:

Bree

I think the little stone works well with the wood. It is a very beautiful and elegant pen. Excellent work.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PenMan1

Nice job, as usual, Eric! I don't care for the "pimp" stone either and replacing it makes your pen much more elegent looking.

Now, if you can just find a way to subdue that raised "batman logo" center ring.:)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Eric,

You did get the "incredible beauty blank surcharge", didn't you????

Unbelievable job with that piece!!!!

(Would look nice on a statesman or jr states, too)

Kaspar

Unbelievable job with that piece!!!!

Thanks. In the few days since, it has turned a bit darker too. Great wood.

(Would look nice on a statesman or jr states, too)
Definitely.

In other news, I've done a little "market research" on the Art Deco type pen. It seems that others are not as enamored of it as I am. Oh well.

Last edited:

avbill

You - guys start to think outside the normal box. This kit has potential. It does need the right blank. I like the kit! But that Blank You stated you got it from some cheesey guy in Wisconsin? I wonder who that can be?

BTW Excellent craftsmanship on the finished pen.

Top Bottom