Anyone in Sarasota?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

matt112981

Thanks for the welcome, I'm a noob for sure and have yet to turn a pen, just working on scraping up some supplies and tools haha.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the welcome, I'm a noob for sure and have yet to turn a pen, just working on scraping up some supplies and tools haha.
Do you have a lathe? I'm going to be in Indy for a couple of weeks. When I get back, I'll send you a PM. If you want to make a short trip down to North Port, I may have some stuff to get you started. Don't have any extra tools though. You can pick up a cheap set at Harbor Freight.

matt112981

Do you have a lathe? I'm going to be in Indy for a couple of weeks. When I get back, I'll send you a PM. If you want to make a short trip down to North Port, I may have some stuff to get you started. Don't have any extra tools though. You can pick up a cheap set at Harbor Freight.

I am in the process of getting a lathe haha.
Thanks,anything would be greatly appreciated, I make frequent trips to Port Charlotte was actually down that way today. right on Toledo Blade today

Matt

rvarner10

From Lakeland

So are there any clubs in the Tampa area, I dont have any problem with further south if you all have a meeting. Let me know where and I would like to attend.
Bob

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So are there any clubs in the Tampa area, I dont have any problem with further south if you all have a meeting. Let me know where and I would like to attend.
Bob
Got a meeting coming up in May (no date set yet) at the Woodcraft store in Ft. Myers. Keep an eye on the SW Florida chapter forum for details. In fact, if you will send your email address, I can put you on the list of members. We had 16 at our last meeting. Welcome to the IAP!

Last edited:

Flaturner

Have Lather -- Need Chance

I was given a lathe from a local school in Cape Coma. Not sure about getting it started or replacing it. Would love to come to a meeting and meet others in the area.

bluwolf

Well, if it's the cape Coma I know (Cape Coral?) you're not that far from a few of us. I'm in South Ft. Myers. If you want to come by and check out what you need to get started you're welcome to get in touch. Drop me a PM. I'm sure others will see this also.

Mike

Top Bottom