Anyone heard of this type of pen blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I found this on ebay and was wondering if anybody knows anything about this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8220920010&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Their about me section says:

After two years of research we are pleased to announce our new product line called Gemstone and Gemstone II. We have developed a formula that is FDA approved for food grade applications, Used in the home construction trades, and now by wood turners and handle makers world wide. Our formula provides a product that is more stable, offers brilliant color capabilities at a fraction of the cost. Want to know more then just click on the link below.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

It gives the appearance of being a compressed wood chip mix then stabilized. But the written description indicates otherwise. Interesting but confusing. I'll wait for posting of others experiences before trying.

Rifleman1776

I wrote the seller this question:
<<Your product looks interesting but description is confusing. Is this a compressed and stabilized wood chip product? What is it?>>
And received the following prompt reply:
<<gemstone is created from a combination of sunflower seeds and peanut shells. Then they are compressed with a bio-resin matrix and pressed into sheets. Then acrylically impregnated and colored. Thanks for your question.
Gerald>>
As I said, interesting.

alamocdc

Woodturningz has them as well and they will cost you less if you want to try them, Angela. I brought a couple home with me the other day, but haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet.

fritzmccorkle

Yeah, Billy snuck in while i was away dern it. we do have them in several different colors. Dakota burl is a product made from compressed sunflowers. states like california require some recycled materials in buildings and they use this stuff in place of particle board to meet those requirements. Everyone's tastes are different but i will say we sell a fair amount of the non dyed. these dyed one's are new though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom