Antler shave set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
The razor in this set is what I was working on when I broke the 7/64" bit yesterday. It was a different style Mach 3 head with out the chrome accent for the holder. Ended up going with the slightly fancier head since it would not stay in the holder with out the chrome base beneath the razor head.

1_Antler_shave_set_005.JPG

Now for a question. Should I take the stand apart and round the edges of the antler to meet the chrome top and bottom piece or leave it as is?

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

My first impression would be leave it as it is, BUT that would be my choice for my personal use. I think it would sell better cleaned up. FWIW.

islandturner

Mannie, this is one of the best ideas we've seen for shaving kits. We've seen the brush set into a heavy section of antler, but I think this is the first with all three components made from antler. As a previous poster said, I think it would sell better with the stand a bit more symetrical. But for myself, I'd like it 'as is'. And the antler is probably better than wood for this application, as wood (and its finish...) is eventually going suffer from long term exposure to water and steam.

Top Bottom