Antique Pine w/Paduk CB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

This is Antique Pine with a Padul center band.

200512445032_1%20004%20sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Originally posted by dougle40
<br />
Now how do you know it is an antique piece of wood?

When I bought it I was told that it came from a 100 + year old beam from a demolished house .

I got some mesquite I'll sell you. It's from a table that was inside The Alamo. [:D]

(Just kidding!)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
If it was from blankity-blanks.com , there's an article on the remodeling that was done that resulted in these beams being salvaged. I think there's even a link on that site.

Tom McMillan

Really nice pen Doug!! OK---so it's harvested over a hundred years ago so it's "antique". I wonder if a tree were over a 100 years old----nah---guess, it can't be an antique til after it's harvested a long time, huh? Anyway, I think it's cool to have some of the woods used with a history behind them (like Gary's Alamo wood--- :)

woodscavenger

Does a CA-BLO finish keep it from getting dinged and dented? I have a little peice of pine with birdseye figure that I am tempted to turn in to a pen but I have been leary to do so.

dougle40

Does a CA-BLO finish keep it from getting dinged and dented?
I don't know how it would work as a finish but the piece that I did prior to this one was fairly soft and I gave it 2 coats of CA before I finished it then just finished with Turners Polish and a coat of wax . This piece seemed a lot harder so I didn't have to use the CA on it at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom