And now for something completely different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

I haven't done one of these since 2001. This one was sitting in a box finished, but unassembled so I put it back together about 6 months ago with the idea of selling it. But I may hang on to it. It should be noted that this is 1/64th scale and is only 3" long. First, I'll show you what it looked like when I started.
20084131640_HW_el_camino.jpg

I didn't like the cheesy motor in the back and it had no bed. Just the plastic motor and wing. So I stripped it to bare metal, removed the casting marks and bondoed any pits. Then I cut a bed from another diecast truck that was close to the right size and affixed it to the El Camino with JB Weld (great stuff!). I had to modify the rear glass (plastic) to get it right, but that goes with the territory. After the paint (two part automotive poly base coat called Milano Red with 4 coats of three part poly clear coat) came the chrome work (chrome foil).
20084131312_71elcamino.jpg

20084131329_71elcamino2.jpg

Then she got a new set of wheels with real rubber tires and was riveted back together.
20084131422_71elcamino3.jpg

It was fun while it lasted.;)

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, Billy, you have earned mad respect from me! I'm a die-hard 1:25 enthusiast from days of yore (I still have 150 kits in the shop, in various stages of kit bash/assembly/unopened...)

You did a great job on that little guy, and no bones about it!

Nice work!

JohnU

Nice looking rides! I used to make the 1/24 & 1/43 in police replicas for local departments and got away from it when I started making pens. Of course I sold them all pens afterwards.;)

Top Bottom