An Evening of work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ilikewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikewood

Heres a few pens I made last weekend. Bunch of different styles and wood.
Gentlemans - Figured Bubinga
Click Penlight - Oregon Maple Burl
2nd Click Penlight - French Holly
Platinum Jr Gents - Red Amboyna
Click Pencil - Afzilia Burl
Platinum Click Pencil - Red Amboyna
Filigree - Black Walnut
European - Cocobolo
Patriot - Red Palm
Other Platinum Jr. Gent - Water Buffalo Horn

Sorry about the lack of a good picure...still working out the features of a new camera.

20041111151211_P1010064.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

By the way Wayne, I think I obtained the Bubinga in a trade from you!! You know where I got the red Amboyna [:D]

I will try and take a few close ups tonight of the red amboyna for you Wayne...just spectacular stuff!!

PenWorks

Nice collection Bill, can't beat the amboyna, have a couple on the bench right now. The euro in cocobolo is sharp. Anthony

wayneis

Bill I'm sure that you obtained the Bubinga from me in a trade, what made me laugh was that you did the exact same kit that I did with it. I mean even the Platinum finish. I still have 1 or 2 blanks of that stuff left and I've been saving for a special trade or occasion. Also, beings all of the bubinga came from the same block of wood I bet that if we set them along side it may be a little hard to tell them apart. That was a piece that I bought from Gilmer, they also have some nice woods. Boy I sure hope that the Christmas season is good for sales because I keep finding new sources and I have bought from everyone that I've come across. Between all of the new blanks and now all of the new kits, I'm about tapped out.

Now I had better get to turning.

Wayne

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice looking collection Bill. How are the click penlights to turn..and do they sell pretty well..I haven't tried any of those yet but was considering a few for presents on the coming Holiday..

...and its not only the being tapped out that stresses me..its the tapping on the head I'm gonna get from the spouse when she finds out how much tapping I been doing...so it's back to work [8D]

JohnPayton

ilikewood

Hey John,
The penlights sell OK, but I really don't make a whole lot of them. I try to use woods that are hard as I know they will take much more of a beating then a fine pen. So far so good.

Oh yeah, they are very easy to turn as there are no extra cuts needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom